Safeguarding & security
You shouldn’t have to worry about safeguarding or security. Which is why we do. We operate within the tightest security parameters possible, over and above the requirements from OFSTED, and our stringent set of security procedures means no one is allowed free access into the nursery.
- Main entrances are secured at all times, and access is only granted once we have identified who is requesting to enter the building.
- We have CCTV in every room, and at every building entrance, so we know exactly who is here with us every minute of the day.
- Each room is protected with an electronic lock, with access keys only given to authorised staff.
- All visitors must have an appointment and are asked to provide formal identification and must sign the visitors’ book before an experienced member of staff escorts them into the nursery.
- No mobile phones allowed in any area where the children are.
- Daily registers are completed so there is a full record of when children arrive and leave the nursery.
- All staff are carefully vetted during the interview process and everyone undergoes rigorous enhanced DBS checks . All references are followed up and DBS checks are reviewed regularly.
- As part of their continuing professional development, all staff must attend courses to keep their skills up to date, including risk assessment, health and safety and first aid.
- Fences and gates are always fully secured.
- Play equipment both inside and outside is checked regularly.
Parents and carers also play an important part in our security procedures:
- We ask for photo ID for anyone who is authorised by you to collect your child, as well as a password which must be given before your child is released. We must also be informed in advance that this person will be collecting your child.
- Strict security measures are in place if you or your nominated person are unable to collect your child.
Our full safeguarding policy is available on request – please ask a member of The Nursery staff if you would like to see a copy.
“Our little girl is always telling us what a good time she has a nursery. All the staff are so caring and positive – they really go the extra mile to make her time there so special.” – Millie’s mum